[News] Forbes on the Open Source Approach

Entrepreneurs, Start Your Wikis

,----[ Quote ]
| In five years, Wikipedia has bloomed into the largest online
| encyclopedia. Its simple but powerful concept--allow everyone to write
| and edit the content (under the auspices of some devoted
| administrators)--has compelled more than 48,000 current contributors
| to bang out 3.8 million articles in 100 languages. By its own estimates,
| the site now captures roughly 4% of the daily traffic on the Internet.
|
| [...]
|
| Don't feel like shelling out thousands of dollars for complex
| project-management software from Microsoft? You can set up an
| easy-to-use "wiki" for far less.
`----

http://www.forbes.com/2006/08/30/wikipedia-google-ebay-cx_tt_0830straightup.html?partner=yahootix

The patents system (Open Source enemy, ironically enough) recently began
using Wikis as well, according to CNN. I guess this is intended to intercept
patent trolls more effectively.

Only a matter of time until Microsoft WinKi? To accompany OneKer (sic)?