Re: [News] IBM's Shopping Spree Get US Antitrust Approval

__/ [ yttrx ] on Wednesday 30 August 2006 18:08 \__

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_companies_acquired_by_Microsoft_Corporation
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Acquisitions_by_Google
>
> IBM is a giant, but is hardly guilty of anti-trust activites---so far.
>
> They don't buy competitors--they buy innovators.  That's the difference
> between IBM and a company like oh..say...Oracle.

One company they could never successfully buy was MySQL. They tried. Same
with JBoss. They still retain that spite for Red Hat...

I think that Oracle's OSS shopping spree is now over. I think they paid off
all these startups and release dummy competition such as BerkeleyDB.

What's the difference between Larry Ellion and God?

God doesn't think he's Larry Ellison.