Re: [News] Who Owns Your Data/Media? Another Reason to Install Linux

begin  oe_protect.scr
> __/ [ The Ghost In The Machine ] on Tuesday 22 August 2006 18:00 \__
>
>> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Hadron Quark
>> <hadronquark@xxxxxxxxx>
>>  wrote
>> on Tue, 22 Aug 2006 17:30:18 +0200
>> <877j107ppx.fsf@xxxxxxxx>:

>>> Not even their linux based PS3?
>>>
>>> Oh dear.
>>
>> Well, yes, obviously he's going to buy an X360 instead.  :-)
>>
>> (And if you believe *that*...)
>
> Nintendo's Wii is Linux based as well. And analysts predict it will be the
> biggest winners of all. It is the least expensive.

I'm not convinced about that, as it appears that Nintendo are going to
lock it down very hard indeed.  This is not really a next-generation
approach like GP2X, N770, PS3; this is merely linux used in a
traditional locked-down box.  Of course, it could be possible to get
another round of lock-in out of an unsuspecting customer base?

The number of arguments is unimportant unless some of them are correct.
		-- Ralph Hartley