Re: [News] Who Owns Your Data/Media? Another Reason to Install Linux

begin  oe_protect.scr
> A spy in your CD?
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| A patent filed by Sony last week suggests it may once again be
>| considering preventing consumers making "too many" back-up copies of
>| its CDs.
>|
>| Such a move would be controversial. In November 2005 Sony was forced
>| to withdraw anti-piracy software it had placed on its CDs to restrict
>| the number of copies a buyer could make because it introduced
>| security vulnerabilities to Windows operating systems.
> `----
>
> http://www.newscientisttech.com/channel/tech/dn9728.html

Nanotech was the fear of the nineties, wasn't it?  Well, it's here, and
guess what, it's not being used for fair and positive purposes.  There
are many reasons why someone might want a large number of backup copies
of something.

Of course, the nanotech we have isn't robots, at least so far...

The number of arguments is unimportant unless some of them are correct.
		-- Ralph Hartley