Re: Microsoft's Evolution is Too Slow and GNUgle Steals Its Show (NYT)

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Will Google ever become evil when it growth further("do know evil?" vs.
> "do no evil")? I'm not sure. However, I think that people learned their
> lessons from Microsoft.

The real battle is between the monolithic and the dispersed.  Maybe it will
be a "salad bowl" with pockets of concentrated power and a lot of little
bits in between.

For example, P2P could be a breakthrough paradigm for search.  Instead of
Google harvesting everyone's data and putting it on their farm, each of us
runs a little Bittorrent type engine and contributes to a searching
network.   That would make Google irrelevent except maybe as a torrent tag
file download site.

--
Texeme Construct
http://you-read-it-here-first.com