Re: [News] Mozilla Firefox 3.0 Alpha Available

__/ [ Roy Culley ] on Sunday 10 December 2006 05:31 \__

> begin  risky.vbs
> <3532956.8hv35G9Fdz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>> __/ [ Mark Kent ] on Saturday 09 December 2006 21:50 \__
>>> begin  oe_protect.scr
>>> Ian Semmel <anyoneNOJUNK@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:

>>> It's very difficult to follow when you're in front.
>>
>> Firefox is ahead?!?!? I thought it still lacked that ActiveX
>> controls functionality, which was revealed to hand over control to
>> an hijacker time and time again. We needn't look further than a
>> fortnight ago...
>
> Disabling ActiveX has been the major 'solution' so how many Windows
> exploits? ActiveX has been a sick joke ever since MS produced it.
> Luckily, it is so easy to strip on proxy servers. Otherwise the cost
> of Windows exploits would have been an order of magnitude greater than
> the billions per year they cost businesses each years.
>
>> Best wishes,
>>
>> Roy
>
> If you must wish the best, how about putting it in a .sig? Simple to
> do and saves me the efoort of deleting it in followups.

'Automated' greetings (ones that you don't write in manually/by hand) miss
the point of common courtest and politeness, I think. I have seen people who
do this and it feels too 'mechanical', so to speak.

You didn't like my *emotion* tags either. As I always say, emotions have
become heavily associated with children who chat. Same with SMS, MySpace,
etc.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | #FFFFFFF4 ADD &R1, "9999999", &BankAccount
Cpu(s):  20.8% user,   2.9% system,   1.0% nice,  75.3% idle