[News] Music Industry Learns from Microsoft, Signs Dead People

Ok, so I;m wrong

,----[ Quote ]
| As reported yesterday, there was an ad in the FT listing 4,000
| musicians who supported retrospective term extension. If you read
| the list, you'll see that at least some of these artists are apparently
| dead (e.g. Lonnie Donegan, died 4th November 2002; Freddie Garrity, died
| 20th May 2006). I take it the ability of these dead authors to sign a
| petition asking for their copyright terms to be extended can only
| mean that even after death, term extension continues to inspire.
`----

http://www.lessig.org/blog/archives/003628.shtml

Context:

Microsoft Supported by Dead People

http://www.internetnews.com/bus-news/article.php/871631

Report: Microsoft funded 'grass roots' campaign

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/2001-08-23-microsoft-letters.htm

Report: Phony 'Grassroots' Campaign Orchestrated by Microsoft

http://www.newsfactor.com/perl/story/13046.html

What a nice and truly ethical company!