[News] NASA World Wind Approaches Linux Release, Gains Features (Video)

NASA World Wind 1.4 promo

,----[ Quote ]
| This video only uses grphics from within World Wind no post
| processing has been done, except for joining video clips together
| and adding audio in virtualdub.
`----

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_F8dIbb2zbc

version 1.5 of World Wind will be available for Linux. It is Open Source and
it can already run with Mono (Miguel de Icaza demonsrated this.

Google Earth (proprietary) already runs on Linux and there's an Open Source
equivalent that uses NASA's data.

Links:

http://worldwind.arc.nasa.gov/

gaia-0.1.1 (AKA Open Source Google Earth)

,----[ Quote ]
| First release of `clean' version of gaia (NASA maps instead of Google
| Earth). All common bugs were fixed and build system improved.
`----

http://sourceforge.net/project/shownotes.php?group_id=183522&release_id=468497

gaia - opensource 3D interface to the planet

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://gaia.serezhkin.com/index.html