Re: [News] Microsoft Seeks to Get a Chokehold on Television

begin  risky.vbs
	<2802672.OO7y8h26Yy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
	Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> __/ [ Roy Culley ] on Saturday 09 December 2006 16:29 \__
>
>> I received an HP do everything mobile phone a few months ago. When
>> I saw it ran Windows I gave it to my daughter. She was highly
>> delighted although did say it was a bit big and heavy. Anyway, last
>> time I saw her she was using her old phone again. When I asked her
>> why she said the phone I had given just kept having problems.
>>
>> Moral here, don't partner with MS for anything. Their SW is just
>> too flaky far less insecure by design.
>
> Windows mobile??? It's abysmal. Can't run it for months without a
> reboot, according to what I have been hearing in the Palm
> newsgroups. It's a good thing you didn't torment yourself by keeping
> that gadget. Now, why would you let your daughter suffer like that?
> *smile*

Life's hard. There's only one way to learn and that's by
experience. My kids know what I think of MS SW. My oldest daughter
doesn't care. My 2nd daughter pleaded with me to install Linux for her
a few years ago.  She's never looked back. My youngest daughter is the
one I gave the phone to. She's only used Windows at school and Linux
at home but I feel never really appreciated why I loathe MS SW so
much. She does now. :-)

--
I've asked time and time again for people to prove that I primarily spout
FUD. - Funkenbusch, Sat, 2 Dec 2006