Re: [News] Cities in Holland Release Formal Document Favouring Open Source Software

"Roy Schestowitz" <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:2485737.S1u9ZvvsbZ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Saturday 09 December 2006 11:15 \__

begin  oe_protect.scr
Ian Semmel <anyoneNOJUNK@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:

Eight large Dutch cities issue statement in favor open source solutions.

,----[ Quote ]
| Eight large cities in the Netherlands have issued a public
| statement underlining the principles behind their desire to use
| open source software and open document standards. These include
| supplier independence, interoperability and future accessibility
| and maintenance by other suppliers.
`----

http://www.ososs.nl/attachment.db?63959 (PDF, in Dutch)

Have you translated this yet ?

http://digg.com/software/Eight_large_Dutch_cities_issue_statement_in_favor_open_source_solutions

The 'Quote' above is in fact the whole story.

This would be one of your more useless rss articles (and that's saying
something).

Unlike your postings, it's on topic. Why don't you go to a Windows group? You'll be amongst friends, there.

When people who oppose Linux come here, this implies that they are either
worried, scared, envious or a combination thereof. We should be glad to have
Ian here. After all, why sing the merits of Linux among ourselves? Let
others get a doze of reality and, in turn, they will deploy Linux-based
solutions, now that they are better informed.

My post did not mention windows or linux, I was just commenting on the uselessness of your post.

Translate the pdf from dutch into english and then I will be able to comment on it.