Re: [News] Earthlink May Lose up to 90% of E-mail, Microspam Windows to Blame?

__/ [ John Bailo ] on Friday 08 December 2006 17:10 \__

> William Poaster wrote:
>> On Fri, 08 Dec 2006 16:31:48 +0000, Mark Kent wrote:
>
>>>Interesting - Microsoft Windows could go down in history as the means by
>>>which email was killed.
>
> More reasons why their should be a global class action suit against them.

They'd blame the spammers. Having said that:

=== Begin quote ==

    "The cost of these steps could reduce our operating margins. Despite
    these efforts, actual or perceived security vulnerabilities in our
    products could lead some customers to seek to return products, to reduce
    or delay future purchases, or to use competing products. Customers may
    also increase their expenditures on protecting their existing computer
    systems from attack, which could delay adoption of new technologies. Any
    of these actions by customers could adversely affect our revenue. In
    addition, actual or perceived vulnerabilities may lead to claims against
    us. While our license agreements typically contain provisions that
    eliminate or limit our exposure to such liability, there is no assurance
    these provisions will be held effective under applicable laws and
    judicial decisions."

Ah, from the horse's mouth: Microsoft just might be held legally responsible
for selling software that is insecure.

== End quote ==

Roy S. Schestowitz \ Spread Mozilla Firefox. http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/
Tasks: 123 total,   1 running, 120 sleeping,   0 stopped,   2 zombie