[News] Reasons Windows (Still) Requires Defragging

Top 10 disk defragging pointers

,----[ Gist ]
| # Work it!
| # Use your noggin.
| # What are you waiting for?
| # Know your disk capacity and potential disk errors.
| # Server bottlenecks.
| # Leave me alone!
| # Application interference.
| # Respect the differences.
| # Don't rely on the built-in Windows defragger.
| # Stay in charge.
`----

http://searchstorage.techtarget.com/tip/1,289483,sid5_gci888617,00.html

Side note:

* My sites have just gone titups (again) because of Windows spewage (SPAM).
These easily-compromisable Windows machines are destroying the Web. Some
sites could start counting SPAM per minute rather than SPAM per day... it
overfilles mail accounts too quickly for one to even take a vacation. And it
brings down entire network/sites, requiring radical 'solutions'.

* Boss's Windows XP machine just had Internet Explorer network issues. Only a
reboot mysteriously repaired it. Slopware at its best.