Re: [News] Only 6% of Business Computer in the States Can Run Vista Premium

On Wed, 06 Dec 2006 13:28:16 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Study: Just Six Percent of American Business PCs can run Vista Premium
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| "This difference suggests that jump in system requirements to run
>| Vista presents a significant barrier to adoption," he said.
> `----
>
> http://www.microsoft-watch.com/content/vista/study_just_six_percent_of_american_business_pcs_can_run_vista_premium.html?kc=MWRSS02129TX1K0000535
> http://tinyurl.com/wfmmt
>
> It is therefore not surprising when we hear of plans to migrate (upgrade)
> millions of PC's to Linux.

Actually, yes.  That would be surprising.  Even in corporations, less than
5% of PC's are ever upgraded to a new version of an OS.  Typically the OS
is revved when they buy a new PC.

If 8% can run Vista, that's more than enough to cover the typical upgrade
percentages.  However, it's unclear if businesses would even want users to
run Vista Premium.