Re: [News] Linux Magazine Xmas Shopping Guide

On Fri, 01 Dec 2006 15:19:23 -0500, flatfish+++ wrote:

> On Fri, 01 Dec 2006 19:55:13 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> The 2006 Holiday Shopping Guide
>
>> The Open source gift guide - Open source hardware, software and more for the
>> holidays
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | There are hundreds of gift guides this holiday season filled with junk
>> | you can buy - but a lot of time you actually don't own it, you can't
>> | improve upon it, you can't share it or make it better, you certainly
>> | can't post the plans, schematics and source code either.
>> `----
>
> Yea, but you and USE it and it actually WORKS.
>
> Unlike Linux.

Linux works. Or have you stopped using PCLinuxOS? You really are the most
dishonest shitbird going.

>> Give the Gift of Pre-Installed Linux This Year
>
> And get your family and friends pissed off at you when their system is
> *different* and incompatible with the vast majority of other systems out
> there.

Except that it isn't.

> The Linux computer will more than likely end up in a closet all dusty and
> unused.

You know, flatfish, for someone who keeps claaiming to be a Linux user and
supporter, you seem very keen to slag it off. Why is that? Do you enjoy
being a gutless hypocrite?

>> Giving the Gift of Ubuntu Linux for Christmas?
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | "This Christmas I have decided to give all of my friends and relatives
>> | Ubuntu Linux CDs from the Ubuntu ShipIt service. In addition, I plan to
>> | help them backup their old systems, install Ubuntu, and then introduce
>> | them to using Linux for their everyday tasks.
>> `----
>
> Yea.... Good idea.....
>
> I'd love to see their faces when they open the package and can't figure
> out WTF Ubuntu is.
> I'll bet most of them think it's either a DVD movie or CD audio and
> attempt to play it in a player.
>
> Sooner or later they might figure it out and then the fun really starts.

Yes, it will. Ubuntu is great.

> You better run and hide because when your friends and family destroy their
> Windows partitions data trying to install brain dead Linux, you are going
> to be numero uno on their hit list.

Brain dead Linux? You were claiming in another thread that you like Linux.
Seems a funny way to show it. Guess that means you're still a
gutless, lying little shitbird.

--
Kier