Re: [News] Chances of a GNU/Solaris in the Future?

yttrx wrote:

At least tens of thousands of Solaris admins and engineers have been rolling GNU/Solaris machines from scratch for years.

Yeah, but the Solaris kernel will be GPL'd, according to the article. I'm not sure Sun really wants to do this. I'd think the BSDL might serve Solaris better, as it could then become a member of the BSD family. But that just would be serving me instead of Sun. And note Stallman's remark (about Linux being called "Linux" instead of "GNU/Linux":

"It's just a fucking kernel, and it's time that ass in Portland realized that," he told us.

The ass in question, being a well known Finnish software developer, and the trademark owner of the kernel in question, Linux™.