Re: [News] The Linux Stigma, Time for a Change

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Tuesday 19 December 2006 13:19 \__

http://www.newstance.com/2006/12/18/why-now-is-the-best-time-to-switch-to-linux/

> It's a wonderful piece of FUD, isn't it?  You pay a lot of people to
> fill the internet and to tell everyone they know how difficult something
> is, in over time, it's inevitable that those who do not know will fall
> for the "majority must be right" fallacy.

It's the big lie approach. Ballmer and the gang have taken a lesson from
history. Remember what the German Minister of Propaganda said in the earlier
20th century.

I can vividly remember a video taken in a Microsoft conference. They instill
in the mind of people the false notion that Linux kernels need to be
recompiled, among other things.

In fact, caught this morning....

http://www.microsoft-watch.com/content/business_applications/microsoft_calls_on_geek_squad.html#comments

See what he says about Linux (out of the blue in fact) and the reactions,
including mine.

More quiet storms in:

http://www.microsoft-watch.com/content/vista/bad_santa.html#comments

http://www.microsoft-watch.com/content/security/microsoft_should_take_out_its_real_competitiors.html#comments

The editor there has become a shill, so I could no longer bite my tongue and
I began commenting after a long time of just lurking. Even Ray Ozzie has
seen some of my comment, which weren't too flattering.

--
                        ~~ Kind greetings and happy holidays!

Roy S. Schestowitz      | FreeBSD - sidling with a little devil
  2:00pm  up 62 days  0:14,  8 users,  load average: 0.65, 0.70, 0.73