Re: [News] Microsoft Still Lobbies in Kerala (Linux State)

Hadron Quark wrote:

> "John A. Bailo" <jabailo@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

>> "Like, that is so two decades ago!  Get out of here, you creep!"
>
> So *that's* how they made it so big?

No.  When they were really worth something (back in the 80s) they did all
the things that made sense.   They provided extrodinary value and
interoperability.

They didn't have to force feed people.  In fact, back when I worked for them
in 1988-92, I remember that they didn't even do that much advertising.
They didn't have to hire trolls, or astroturfers.   Anything they made was
much higher quality than typical PC software, people were willing to shell
out hundreds of dollars per copy.

But now?  Where they have to arm twist every local provincial to get him to
not go Linux?

How the mighty have fallen!

--
Texeme Construct