Re: [News] Buxfixing Release/Update for IE7 (Already)

On 2006-12-14, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> posted something concerning:
> Microsoft Releases First IE7 Update
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| When visiting certain web pages, the Phishing Filter may increase
>| CPU usage while evaluating the page contents and the system may
>| become slow to respond.
> `----
>
> http://www.msfn.org/comments.php?shownews=19020
>
> It took only /days/ (post release) before security patches were needed for
> IE7 security vulnerabilities.

The best us probably yet to come, too.

> Related:
>
> Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE) 7.0 Sucks!
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| I know Microsoft's release of IE 7.0 is in beta, but I still didn't
>| expect it to be such a big piece of crap and cause hours of misery.
>|
>| [...]
>|
>| What Microsoft hoped would help it win back Firefox "switchers" has
>| done nothing but add one more to their growing ranks.
> `----
>
> http://www.marketingpilgrim.com/2006/02/microsoft-ie-70-sucks.html

The problem with this is it's like deliberately hitting your thumb with
a hammer and saying, "I knew it might not be a good thing to do. But I
never knew it would hurt!"

*OF COURSE* it'll hurt! You'd have to be retarded to think otherwise.

Well, using any version of IE and expecting something less than crap is
no different.

--
In linux you have to KNOW things.
 -- tab