Re: [News] Pondering a Migration to Linux After 10 Days with Vista 'Ultimate'?

__/ [ spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ] on Wednesday 13 December 2006 10:08 \__

> Erik Funkenbusch <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> did eloquently scribble:
>> Almost all of his problems can be attributed to hardware drivers.  His
>> mouse cursor problem, likely a video driver problem.  His suspend problem,
>> likely needs a bios update.  The only (perhaps) legitimate gripe about the
>> OS itself is his experience with force terminating Windows Explorer, but
>> then i've not seen that problem.  Sounds like it may have been related to
>> some of the other driver related problems he was experiencing.
>
> Ahhha!
> So suddenly, when it comes to vista, driver problems are no longer problems
> with the OS...
>
> Right... gotcha. Point noted for the next time any of you lot complain
> about a linux hardware problem.

To Erik, it's always someone/thing else's fault. He reminds me of someone
from SNL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGP-kyqL5gU

--
                        ~~ Kind greetings and happy holidays!

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Computers are useless. They only solve problems"
Tasks: 125 total,   2 running, 121 sleeping,   0 stopped,   2 zombie