Re: [News] Microvell is Heading Down

__/ [ Jerry McBride ] on Monday 11 December 2006 19:50 \__

http://www.cbronline.com/article_news.asp?guid=326EA359-CD54-4217-BF71-EDD6C134293F

>> * You know that companies are heading down when they join forced with
>> Microsoft.
>>
>> * You know that companies evolve when they choose GNU/Linux (e.g. Google).
>>

>> Also today:
>>
>> Microsoft deal good for Linux - Novell SA chief
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | More Linux companies should look at striking a deal with Microsoft.
>> | This is the line from Novell SA country manager Stafford Masie who was
>> | ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>> | speaking at the CITI Foss Forum in Cape Town last week.
>> |
>> | "This deal is not an exclusive arrangement with Microsoft. We are
>> | encouraging Redhat, Ubuntu and others to consider a similar agreement
>> | with Microsoft. We are encouraging them ... especially from a
>> | patent perspective," said Masie.
>> |
>> | "We encourage Shuttleworth and the folks to go and do what we've
>> | done. Investigate what we've done. Don't be fanatical about it
>> | but take a look at it," said Masie.
>> |
>> | Masie said that the free software community should "embrace
>> | Microsoft".
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.tectonic.co.za/view.php?id=1309
>
> It's pretty obvious... Masie is not a clear thinker! The Microsoft kiss is
> a kiss of death.

Check out the followup post which analyses the full speech.

http://boycottnovell.com/2006/12/11/embrace-microsoft-or-join-with-us-in-our-embrace-with-microsoft/

--
                        ~~ Kind greetings and happy holidays!

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Ballmer O/S - so furious it may crash
Mem:    514480k total,   481864k used,    32616k free,     4768k buffers