Re: Who advertises on my site? (adsense)

  • Subject: Re: Who advertises on my site? (adsense)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2006 19:49:14 +0000
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
__/ [Ignoramus25402] on Thursday 02 February 2006 16:44 \__

> On Thu, 02 Feb 2006 17:41:40 +0100, Borek
> <m.borkowski@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Thu, 02 Feb 2006 17:36:58 +0100, Ignoramus25402
>><ignoramus25402@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> some clever way of knowing what companies advertise on my site,

You can know for sure which companies will *not* advertise on your site if
you append the required URL's to the exclusion fields. Some folks
passionately prevent their competition from showing up in their very own
site.

>> Visit by yourself and read ads?

Yes. Disable ad blocking software as well, as painful as this might be.
*smile*

>>> and what they pay? I use adsense.
>>
>> Other then asking them? I doubt :)

You can't tell. It's explicitly listed among the terms and conditions if I
recall correctly. Trial-and-error/success is often the best one can do.
Among the possibility of speaking to advertisers who are fond of AdWords,
one could run a few tests to reach the conclusions that asbestos, for
instance, pays big dough.

> It's not what I would call a "clever way", although it would surely
> work.

Any table with such information will encourage fraud. Any brute-force
experimentation will lead to banishment -- either banishment of the site (as
far as Google AdSense is concerned) or the questionable IP addresses, which
will, in due time, lose their ability to trigger high AdSense profits, if
any.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: sheep outnumber people in NZ
  7:40pm  up 16 days 14:56,  12 users,  load average: 1.53, 1.53, 1.34