Re: COLA Stats 5 Feb 2006

begin  risky.vbs
	<ds9eh2$2c71$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
	Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> __/ [flatfish] on Monday 06 February 2006 23:08 \__
>
>> Culley and his bogus stats have just become irrelevant.
>
> Not to me. The name annotation is useful, so one could change
> posting habits or set up some filters. The best way to deter and
> drive away trolls is to diregard them early on. That's why this part
> of the analysis is informative.

Thank you. I don't spend much time on COLA these days so no doubt I
miss some people who deserve 'name annotation'. I'm very happy to
receive suggestions from Linux advocates on any omissions.

Troll feeding is the bain of COLA. The replies to posts from tab for
example demonstrate this very well. If my stats help in any way
towards reducing this I'm very happy.

> The rest are details, as in most stats.

Exactly. For me it is a bit of fun. If others take it seriously then
that is their problem. Even flatfish, along with all its nyms, have
always had their rightful place in my COLA stats. :-)