Re: Things are changing

__/ [Malware Magnet] on Friday 10 February 2006 15:14 \__

> This week I built three Linux servers (one Red Hat, two Debian) for our
> customers. Next week, I am scheduled to build six - four Debian and two
> SUSE. Three of the Debian servers will become the customers' MTAs,
> respectively. These customers are moving their offices to Linux over the
> next twelve weeks. The others will become the customers' new Web servers -
> except one which will become a proxy with Web blocking
> (Squid/Dansguardian). I have only one Windows SBS server build on the
> scehdule right now. My coworkers are also building more Linux servers,
> though I'm not sure how many. I saw a couple of Gentoo builds on the bench
> and four HP pizza boxes on the shelf with Novell/SUSE software sitting next
> to them.
>
> Say whatever you like... Linux is growing.

http://www.ameinfo.com/46590.html

Demand grows for Linux

"Linux is having a huge impact in the Middle East, with rapidly increasing
demand for the open-source software. Steve Brown, Vice President, Novell
Europe, ME & South Africa, says Linux offers a valid alternative to
organisations looking to change. Novell is showcasing its largest range of
solutions, as well as announcing a number of strategic partnerships."