Re: Referrere stats showing visitors, but pages not in Serps?

> __/ [T.J.] on Monday 02 January 2006 16:00 \__
>
>> For the past couple of days I have been seeing visitors
>> in my referrer stats, but my page isn't in the Serps that
>> the referrer stats says it is.
>> I know this is usually down to data-center fluctuation,
>> but even after checking all the data-centers at McDar
>> I still can't find where my pages are listed.
>> Is McDar behind or not listing all data-centers?
>> And is anyone else noticing this?
>
> First  of  all, do you know the referrals are from Google? To what  extent
> are you sure? It sounds as though you use a pure-referral-based analysis.
>
> I  am raising this point because you mustn't assume it's Google, not  even
> if  Google accounts for >95% of your referrals (from SERP's.) I once  made
> this  mistake  myself.  Unexpected terms in the log can  come  from  Yahoo
> SERP's, for instance. You may sometimes neglect to look at these until the
> logs point at that direction.
>
> Roy

Definitely Google,
I'm using statcounter that shows the referrer as Stacey has just shown.
Just checked again at Mcdar and have now found the 2 data-centers showing
the results now.
http://64.233.179.99/  and  http://64.233.179.104/
Both appear to be showing completely different results to the rest of the
data-centers.