Re: Getting a site to be recognised by Search Engines...

  • Subject: Re: Getting a site to be recognised by Search Engines...
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 05:55:12 +0000
  • Newsgroups: alt.websites
__/ [Bob] on Sunday 08 January 2006 21:50 \__

> Hi,
>
>     Can anyone tell me how the index page of a website needs to be
> modified
> so that it may be 'found' and listed by search engines such as 'Google'. I
> imagine that some payment has to be made to 'register' but ideally - at
> least as a first step - I'd prefer a free option.
>
> Bob

You have two options, both of which are related to inbound links:

* Pay to get included in Web directories that are recognised.

* Get relevant sites to link to you.

Link spam will not (should not) work and submission to search engines will
have no effect. Links are the key to recognition. That and only that will
give you crawlers' time.

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Nothing to see in this sig, please move along"
  5:50am  up 32 days 13:01,  14 users,  load average: 0.57, 0.77, 0.72