Re: Getting a site to be recognised by Search Engines...

> __/ [Bob] on Sunday 08 January 2006 21:50 \__
>
>> Hi,
>>
>>     Can anyone tell me how the index page of a website needs to be
>> modified
>> so that it may be 'found' and listed by search engines such as
'Google'.
>> imagine that some payment has to be made to 'register' but ideally - at
>> least as a first step - I'd prefer a free option.
>>
>> Bob
>
> You have two options, both of which are related to inbound links:
>
> * Pay to get included in Web directories that are recognised.
>
> * Get relevant sites to link to you.
>
> Link spam will not (should not) work and submission to search engines
will
> have no effect. Links are the key to recognition. That and only that
will
> give you crawlers' time.
>
> Hope it helps,
>
> Roy
Thanks for the comments, Roy.
With a previous reply, I was guided towards some useful information which
made similar points. I have a much clearer idea of what I should do now.
Thanks to all.

Bob

It has removed 18567 spam emails to date.
Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!