Re: Directory/File 'Stuck' in Webspace

__/ [Peter T. Breuer] on Sunday 15 January 2006 08:21 \__

>>> If you cannot change permissions, ask the super-user to do it for
>>> you :o)  You need write permission on the containing directory.
>                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>> Hi, see my reply to Dan Espen. I have writing permissions,
>
> See what he has said, not what you think he has said.
>
>> the files are owned by me,
>
> So what?
>
>> but I cannot change the permission of these files.
>
> Why would you wantto?
>
>> They reside
>> in a directory that is not accessible through cPanel (admin side).
>
> What the heck is "cPanel"? Well, don't use it, or talk to its author
> about correcting the problem with it.
>
>> I cannot
>> change permissions in PHPShell.
>
> So what?
>
> Peter

Okay, okay... it's sorted out now. No need to get angry, although the
solution was not ideal. It requires that the user puts a very dangerous
script on his/her server. I can't believe I spent so much time due to the
bug. Shame on cPanel. It's a front end for Web hosting, but it enables the
user to create files and directory that it is unable to read. Even FTP
clients like gFTP could not handle these elements.