Re: Google images generate a lot of traffic is there a way to get to the top?

  • Subject: Re: Google images generate a lot of traffic is there a way to get to the top?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2006 12:13:53 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
__/ [ markbiernat@xxxxxxxxx ] on Sunday 02 July 2006 10:01 \__

> I have noticed that google image search generates a lot ot traffic,
> even more than 6 months ago for my sites,  sometimes more than yahoo or
> msn normal text searches.  Is there a way to get your images to the
> top/first page of google images seach? Thank you
> Mark

>From some mere experience, it helps if you use the alt attribute to describe
the image in a form that less ambiguous than a caption (and its location,
unless you use Web standard). Other than that, the amount of images and
their files names matter. Use hyphens and include descriptive words in the
image filenames. I have actually had a decrease in referrals from Google
Images recently. Last months it comfortably exceeded 1000 a day.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz
 12:10pm  up 65 days 17:13,  14 users,  load average: 0.97, 0.87, 0.74