Re: [News] McAfee Identifies 200,000th Malware

__/ [ Sinister Midget ] on Friday 07 July 2006 14:56 \__

> On 2006-07-06, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> posted
> something concerning:
>> Malware crosses 200,000 milestone
>>
>> Fear of a bot planet
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| While bots are still the leading cause of this dramatic growth, exploits
>>| and downloaders are a close second (see breakdown here). Email worms
>>| saw significantly smaller growth over the last two years compared to
>>| types of malware.
>> `----
>>
>>                 http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/07/06/malware_milestone/
>>
>> The number of spam I receive has doubled within just a couple of months...
>
> 200K. It's party time at Microsoft!

For a company of 30bil per annum, this is peanuts. Let us congratulate our
friends in Redmond, whose door is open to many more flaws although the code
is closed. Hand me that Hoover, Sinister. Let's see what /else/ is under
that carpet (sweep, sweep, sweep that bug).

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Avoid missing ball for higher score"
  3:05pm  up 70 days 20:08,  12 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.04, 0.06