Re: McAfee Identifies 200,000th Malware

__/ [ ivan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ] on Friday 07 July 2006 15:10 \__

>    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/07/06/malware_milestone/
>> >
>> > The number of spam I receive has doubled within just a couple of
>> > months...
>>
>> 200K. It's party time at Microsoft!
>>
>> --
>
> I'm getting a lot more spam too.

Same here. A couple of months ago it was 100+ per day and now it's 200+.
SpamAssassin's capacity is limited, let alone a person's ability to view
thousands of subject lines (possibly sender names too) per week.

> Also, infected computers are being
> used to target some of the good guys in the fight against spam -
>
> http://www.spamhuntress.com/

I was attacked by Windows zombies several times in the past. They nearly
knocked out the shared server and they cost me a lot of time and money.

> Note how she's been knocked out by a DDoS attack provided courtesy of
> infected Windows machines.
>
>> If Windows is the answer, it must have been a stupid question.
>
> Amen.

Good line that one... ASCII a question and Windows will be the stupid ANSI.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Warning 0x12C: ispell feels tired
  3:10pm  up 70 days 20:13,  12 users,  load average: 0.81, 0.38, 0.18