Re: Best "Live" distro for NVidia based PC

__/ [ Meat Plow ] on Wednesday 12 July 2006 14:03 \__

> Damned if I can get a decent live distro to work with the NForce chipset.

What is it intended for? Work or play? I am asking because there is no single
distribution that serves everyone best. Putting images aside, other O/Sen
take the 'one size fits all' approach. Anyhoo...

How about...

http://www.gentoo.org/news/20020916-ut2k3.xml

,----[ Quote ]
| Epic Games' much-anticipated Unreal Tournament 2003 Demo is now available
| on a self-booting Gentoo Linux-based LiveCD, allowing you to play the
| Unreal Tournament 2003 Demo using any modern PC with an NVIDIA GeForce
| 2 or greater graphics card and a CD-ROM drive.
`----

Or XGL 'out of the box'?

http://kororaa.org/static.php?page=static060318-181203

,----[ Quote ]
| "I've tried about 100 different distro's over the past 2 years and
| can honestly say I've never seen anything on a PC as spectacular as
| Kororaa XGL... It makes the hairs on my neck stand up..."
`----

Both are probably GPL violations, so enjoy the torrents while they last.

--
Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "No, I didn't buy that from eBay"
http://Schestowitz.com  |  GNU is Not UNIX  ¦     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E