Re: (Rant) Implications of Choosing Microsoft Exchange for E-mail

begin  oe_protect.scr
Roy Culley <rgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
> begin  risky.vbs
> 	<vf4go3-ctj.ln1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> 	Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>>
>> There was another posting recently indicating that Formula 1 is
>> about to become the most dangerous sport on the planet, as MS have,
>> apparently, been given a contract to supply /Engine management/ to
>> F1 teams - all of them.  Can you imagine anything more dangerous?
>> You're cornering at 170mph, and the ems has a momentary glitch,
>> raises revs to 12000 when you were gently easying up to 9000, and
>> you end up looking like Ayrton Senna.
>>
>> How can anyone let Microsoft kill people like this?  It's
>> disgusting.
>
> And no doubt Bernie and Ferrari have got a deal so that all
> development work will be done exclusively with Ferrari as was done
> with Bridgestone tyres. I can imagine the code now:
>
>     if (system == "Ferrari") {
>         GearChangeRevs = AfterMaxTorque
>     }
>     else {
>         GearChangeRevs = AfterMinTorque
>     }

Yeah - wonder if Maclaren can spoof their car :-)

> Newsflash: M. Schumacher signs new 10 year deal with Ferrari saying
>            he feels he has a lot more to offer F1.

hehe - you never know...

One of the disadvantages of having children is that they eventually get old
enough to give you presents they make at school.
		-- Robert Byrne