Re: the Google to be - the future is dark

  • Subject: Re: the Google to be - the future is dark
  • From: "canadafred" <canadian_web@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 31 Jul 2006 03:00:30 -0700
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> __/ [ canadafred ] on Sunday 30 July 2006 19:03 \__
>
> > Big Bill wrote:

> >> Damn right - guess who's number 2 for seo consultant??!!
> >>
> >> BB (ethical? Geddouda here!)
> >
> > Hey, that actually is very cool. There are three of the top ten SEO
> > experts within this Usenet group alone. In this way I am #1 in 90% of
> > my keyphrases. That would be an easy market takeover if Google actually
> > rewarded web sites based on reality. Dream on ... and back to reality
> > ... a that little green money bar ...
>
> I couldn't help but spend a couple of minutes searching the archives. Some
> times in the past we discussed the possibility of having search engines that
> exclude all sites/pages that are not accessible. It doesn't take much to
> realise this (any blind person would beg for this feature) and it's nice to
> see it becoming a reality.
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/alt.internet.search-engines/browse_frm/thread/d6d517ff6436c9d7/f3537b1f19658046?lnk=gst&q=schestowitz+blind&rnum=1#f3537b1f19658046
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/alt.internet.search-engines/browse_frm/thread/a6ff1ebba5d9934/ac74a9aea2c31b2f?lnk=gst&q=schestowitz+search+engine+blind&rnum=3#ac74a9aea2c31b2f
>
> ,----[ Snippet ]
> | * Arguments similar to the above but in reference to the visually impaired,
> | the astigmatic. This can currently be done by looking at colour contrast
> | (in the CSS/Source) and font sizes. What about a special option for the
> | colour-blind, e.g. "give me no pages with yellow and green on the same
> | page"?
> `----
>
> This idea can be augmented to provide all sorts of other searches...
>
> I guess that noticedtrend foresaw the need for Google Trends.

... it is a bright day in SEO then if Noticetrends makes sense.

just joking noticetrends, I just don't understand what you are talking
about it half the time. I suppose that it would be like most people
reading any of my ramblings, especially after I just come back from
fishing I can be a little delirious too.

Accessibility is in. What Els has been saying is a good thing to do.

Not one machine generated page in the results I checked. Not one. Every
result is a legitimate web page with content matching my searches.
Every one. I only played with it for 10 - 12 searches but it is just
like MSN, but better. The same return returned, 700k results in one
770k in the other instead of 2.2M like the regular Google.

Scrap the old SE and stick in that accessible one at the helm would be
just fine with me.

--
Fred
http://canadian-web-site-promotion.blogspot.com/