Re: the Google to be - the future is dark

  • Subject: Re: the Google to be - the future is dark
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 04:26:52 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
__/ [ canadafred ] on Sunday 30 July 2006 19:03 \__

> Big Bill wrote:
>> On Sun, 30 Jul 2006 17:19:16 +0100, BH <tower@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Note the different SERPS to G .com and G.co.uk for the same search
>> >on the new accessible G less results and better results
>> >
>> >http://labs.google.com/accessible/
>> >
>> >Barrie,
>>
>> Damn right - guess who's number 2 for seo consultant??!!
>>
>> BB (ethical? Geddouda here!)
>
> Hey, that actually is very cool. There are three of the top ten SEO
> experts within this Usenet group alone. In this way I am #1 in 90% of
> my keyphrases. That would be an easy market takeover if Google actually
> rewarded web sites based on reality. Dream on ... and back to reality
> ... a that little green money bar ...

I couldn't help but spend a couple of minutes searching the archives. Some
times in the past we discussed the possibility of having search engines that
exclude all sites/pages that are not accessible. It doesn't take much to
realise this (any blind person would beg for this feature) and it's nice to
see it becoming a reality.

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.internet.search-engines/browse_frm/thread/d6d517ff6436c9d7/f3537b1f19658046?lnk=gst&q=schestowitz+blind&rnum=1#f3537b1f19658046

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.internet.search-engines/browse_frm/thread/a6ff1ebba5d9934/ac74a9aea2c31b2f?lnk=gst&q=schestowitz+search+engine+blind&rnum=3#ac74a9aea2c31b2f

,----[ Snippet ]
| * Arguments similar to the above but in reference to the visually impaired,
| the astigmatic. This can currently be done by looking at colour contrast
| (in the CSS/Source) and font sizes. What about a special option for the
| colour-blind, e.g. "give me no pages with yellow and green on the same
| page"?
`----

This idea can be augmented to provide all sorts of other searches...

I guess that noticedtrend foresaw the need for Google Trends.