Re: Microsoft Admits Google Had it Right

<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Fri, 28 Jul 2006 11:55:16 +0100
<1400054.4RQduaKL86@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> __/ [ nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ] on Friday 28 July 2006 07:51 \__
>
>>  security will
>>> take 18 months. But, hey, who's counting?
>>
>> Is that like when Bill Gates said that spam would be eliminated within
>> a year?  (He could have done it, too---provide free downloads of
>> Ubuntu, release the source code to Windows on malware web sites, and
>> close shop.)
>
> Yes, I remember that too. The problem has only grown stronger roots. Only
> better filtering (thanks goodness for Apache's SpamAssassin) make it
> feasible to deal with. Here are a few more pearls of wisdom:
>
> "The Internet? We are not interested in it"
>
>                         -- Bill Gates, 1993

Apparently until they could try to embrace and extend it.

> "640 K ought to be enough for anyone"
>
>                         -- Bill Gates

This one's disputed.  I suspect trying to locate the source of
the meme is going to take some doing.

> Ironically, Vista/Longhorn server are the biggest memory hog that exist in
> the market, given the scale/purpose.

Aye; 640K was long ago and far far away.  640 *megabytes* is even
getting a little cramped.

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Windows Vista.  Because it's time to refresh your hardware.  Trust us.