Re: Rex Ballard: Sun Microsystems has been notified...

On Fri, 28 Jul 2006 14:37:52 +0000, yttrx wrote:

> Kier <vallon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> So, you just like to be an all-round prick, for no good reason.
>
> Precisely!

That's a rather sad attitude to take, IMO.

>> Exactly
>> why should you start calling me asshole, since I've so far been polite to
>> you? And if you can be a prick to anyone you choose, you can hardly start
>> in on Roy for advocating in his News posts.
>>

> Honestly I dont remember why I called you an asshole in the first place, but
> I suspect it was because you typed something that I found highly annoying.
> That's usually how it goes.

So, that's all it takes? My, you're touchy :-) Point is, either he gets to
be annoying too, or you don't get to be annoying at all.

>>> He's not advocating, hes being retarded and disruptive.
>>
>> And you aren't? Please forgive me if I differ. Who is he disrupting?
>> Trolls? Boo hoo.
>>

> Ah, an apologist for the retarded.

No, because I disagree that he's retarded. Just you saying it don't make
it the truth, right? The trolls hate it, that's why they're making more
and more personal attacks on him, so why should he be considered the
retarded one? It's easy enough to killfile the News posts if you dislike
reading them.

> While that's noble or something, I think its also kind of...completely
> useless.  And you need to realize something here son, this group has
> ALWAYS been like this.  Advocacy here has been consistently in the form
> of screaming little girls, as has trolling.  You're fooling yourself if
> you believe anything else.

Hey, I've been here a year or two now, and there's always been some good
advocacy going on amid the useual bitch-fights. And if you're going to
call me son, maybe you'd better tell me how old you are, first!

>> Why don't you contribute some advocacy yourself, instead of being
>> unpleasant? We've enough twerps in here as it is, and you seem to be
>> intelligent.
>>

> I have years of advocacy history around here.  I think I'm entitled to a
> little meaningless vitriol in between thoughtful, brilliant posts, don't
> you?

Lessee 'em, then.

--
Kier