Re: Linux-based Scpl phones to replace Motorola Razr line

  • Subject: Re: Linux-based Scpl phones to replace Motorola Razr line
  • From: Au79 <au79@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 20:59:30 -0700
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
flatfish+++ wrote:

> On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 18:00:52 -0700, Au79 wrote:
>

>> BTW, with all respect to Roy, I do believe that I have been posting news
>> stories worthy of the group before Roy... bout 5 years now; however, he
>> is far more prodigal.
>
> Yes you have been posting far longer than Roy.
> Also, your posts have honest and accurate subject lines and also tell both
> the good and the bad.
> Maybe that's why people haven't really complained about your posts.

Please remember that this is "linux.advocacy" and, as the ng name infers,
people are encouraged to post any Linux related matter that may be
beneficial to the growth of OSS, in other words, to advocate. For this
reason, I don't see what all the fuss is about with regard to Roy's posts.

Microsoft has millions of dollars to spend in marketing attacks to anything
they deemed a threat, regardless of the ethical position. So they have
mounted a sophisticated attack against OSS and Linux with enough
missinformation to make the devil blush; All we have is grass-roots word of
mouth to counter this, which is why Linux has not gone the OS/2 way and
continues its growth world-wide.

Let's just give ol' Roy a break here.