Re: Cold War for Linux (Commercial Computer Game) Released

  • Subject: Re: Cold War for Linux (Commercial Computer Game) Released
  • From: The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 01:00:03 GMT
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
In comp.os.linux.advocacy, David Cristinacce
<linux-sux@xxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on 27 Jul 2006 16:14:25 -0700
<1154042065.172772.265600@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> http://www.linuxgamepublishing.com/info.php?id=24&;
>>
>> ,----[ Snippet ]
>> | Cold War is complete on one DVD-Rom
>> |
>> | Cold war is due to be released on July 31st 2006
>> `----
>

> Big fucking deal. This game has been out for Windows for about a year.
> Another fine example of use lienux and do without.

Indeed.  We love doing without.

[1] Malware.  Linux ignores malware.  Linux laughs at malware.
Linux wonders what this malware is all about.

[2] Inexplicable hangs.

[3] Reboots that "fix" things.

[4] Useless logging output.

[5] Slow repairs for the few defects that do get by.

[6] WMA and Sony rootkits.

Oh yes, we should probably do without more often.  :-P~~~~~

Granted, I don't know Cold War from Cool War, but that's
covered by arachnid's earlier post anyway.  Lots of
games to choose from, some absolutely brain dead (e.g.,
balloonchase -- although part of that is locating a
partner :-) ), some really cool, most in between; par for
the course.

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Windows Vista.  Because it's time to refresh your hardware.  Trust us.