Re: [News] Patent Trolls and GNU/Linux

__/ [ Oliver Wong ] on Thursday 27 July 2006 18:30 \__

>> Speaking of bad HTML, try copying (highlighting) sections of
>> text  in ZDNet articles and blogs. Try this with Firefox (in
>> my  case  -- 1.0.4). Tried it? Odd, isn't it? I have to  use
>> the  keyboard  to  make the selection (putting  the  pointer
>> somewhere and holding down SHIFT).
>
>     Highlighting with the mouse works fine for me, but I'm running 1.5.0.5

I hope it has been resolved. *smile*

Let me be specific, just in case. Try grabbing the title, the text in some
paragraphs and maybe going half way in particular pargraphs. It's a bit
'jumpy' for me. The cursor has to stop precisely at some particular 'sweet
spot' to kind of 'snap'. I can't quite reproduce this at the moment... maybe
it's to do with bad markup in other articles, which leads to  this
quirkiness.