Re: [News] Patent Trolls and GNU/Linux

"Roy Schestowitz" <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:1387215.ljdVJi902x@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
__/ [ Oliver Wong ] on Thursday 27 July 2006 18:30 \__

Speaking of bad HTML, try copying (highlighting) sections of text in ZDNet articles and blogs. Try this with Firefox (in my case -- 1.0.4). Tried it? Odd, isn't it? I have to use the keyboard to make the selection (putting the pointer somewhere and holding down SHIFT).

Highlighting with the mouse works fine for me, but I'm running 1.5.0.5

I hope it has been resolved. *smile*

Let me be specific, just in case. Try grabbing the title, the text in some
paragraphs and maybe going half way in particular pargraphs. It's a bit
'jumpy' for me. The cursor has to stop precisely at some particular 'sweet
spot' to kind of 'snap'. I can't quite reproduce this at the moment... maybe
it's to do with bad markup in other articles, which leads to this
quirkiness.

Yeah, works fines for me. As I slide the cursor arrow with the mouse button held down, the highlighting updates on a character-by-character basis. I can start in the middle of a heading, and select to the middle of the word in the body, and everything behaves as I'd expect it to.

The "1.0.*" releases are getting kind of old by now... I think there were a couple of "high priority" security fixes since then.

- Oliver