Re: Microsoft Apathetic About WGA False Positives

Quote from a MS customer:
------------
"We have spent approximately $3000 in additional labor costs to
reinstall and reactivate our Dell Optiplex machines," the reader wrote.
"We've decided that it's actually much more cost-effective not to apply
any Microsoft security updates ever again. We simply can't trust that a
security update is what it says it is any more from Microsoft. We've
disabled access to Windows Update via Group Policy and have removed any
and all vestiges of the Microsoft Antispyware/Windows Defender trojan
from all of our machines. Our next step? Evaluating Crossover from
Codeweavers to see if the few proprietary apps that we do have will
run. If they do, we're done with Microsoft on our desktops. It's just
not worth it."
End quote

I've noticed that several of the windows advocates on cola agree that
WGA is a disaster.

I also noticed that MS's accounting of the false positive rate has
dropped from 20% to a fraction of a percent.