Re: Can Roy take a hint? Probably not

flatfish+++ wrote:

> On Sun, 23 Jul 2006 13:07:23 -0500, Erik Funkenbusch wrote:
>

>> Your estimations seem a bit off.  In fact, it seems like many of you guys
>> spend more time talking about people like me or flatfish, or others far
>> more than you spend talking about anything else, including Linux.
>

> You'd think after 10 years they would have figured this out.
>
> But I suppose, talking about Linux is for the most part pretty boring.
> I mean look at Roy's posts.
> Other than his shills, Mark Kent for one, and posts which are Microsoft
> bashing, how much traffic do they generate?
>
> Virtually nothing compared to a post that we (flatfish, Erik, Tim Smith,
> DFS, TgReaper, Tab etc) make.
>
> One post, and bingo within a couple of hours there can be close to 100
> replies.
> And the threads go on for days, if not weeks, months and in some cases
> years.
>
> It's proof positive that Linux advocates would rather bash
> Microsoft (no pun intended) or attack posters of negative Linux material.
>
> The days of REAL Linux advocates seem to be long gone.
> Roy S isn't a Linux advocate, he is a re-poster of other peoples material.
> It's poorly formatted, difficult to follow and just plain boring.
>
> Terry Porter was a village idiot, no question about it, but he was a die
> hard Linux advocate and although he regularly screwed up (his telnet
> thread was a beauty), he took a lot of abuse and still kept on posting his
> stuff.
> It was trivial to lambaste him on his technical stuff, but pretty
> difficult to question his advocacy and dedication to Linux.
>
> No Linux advocate in this group even comes close, and Roy S certainly
> isn't even in the same league.
>
> If I had to pick a person who truly seems dedicated to Linux and Linux
> advocacy it would have to be Rex Ballard.
> If he would drop the Commander McBragg routine and limit the length of his
> messages, he would be a lot more effective IMHO.
>
> But that's about it...

Amount of traffic in no way reflects upon the *quality* of said traffic. You
may make one or two relevant, even enlightened posts, during your time
here, but when it is diluted by crap, that makes your overall score very,
very low.
Roy makes lots of posts. I'd say 95% on topic, even if they are news blurbs,
but they are /on topic/. I can't think of any recent offtopic posts made by
him, but any he may have made will not have affected his score any.

Ho hum. Back to cloning Debian installations, I suppose...

--
When all else fails...
Use a hammer.

http://www.dotware.co.uk