Re: Ballmer Defends Spending; MSFT Drop Continues

__/ [ asj ] on Thursday 01 June 2006 02:03 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>               http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/060531/microsoft_ballmer.html?.v=4
>>
>> MSFT down another 2.16% yesterday. Sad. Very sad.
>
> I suggest not getting sad about a company which has $33 billion in the
> bank.
>
> Microsoft is not going away any time soon. It will be a force on the
> desktop, servers, and perhaps other systems for a very long time to
> come. We can only try to "cage" it, never kill it off completely.

Well, I was being sarcastic. Truthfully, Microsoft will not die overnight.
But it struggles already. It is beyond the point of feeling just the pinch
of Linux. Google joined the party as well. IBM recommend Linux to their
clients... and the list goes on and on. Grim Outlook (2007).

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Hack to learn, don't learn to hack"
  3:10am  up 34 days  9:42,  11 users,  load average: 0.46, 1.13, 1.18