Re: Dual-Booting Ubuntu and Another O/S

__/ [ M ] on Saturday 03 June 2006 22:30 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> __/ [ M ] on Saturday 03 June 2006 20:05 \__

>>> Thanks Roy, might come in handy. For the moment I use 2 separate drives
>>> which can be cold swapped. One windows (won't be used very often) and one
>>> Kubuntu (dapper) :-)
>>

>> The computer in my older office had two hard-drives. I installed Ubuntu on
>> one, but never bothered with the other (just a 4 GB appendage anyway). The
>> hard(er) part was fitting the hard-drive and having the BIOS detect it
>> successfully.
>>

> I had my local computer supplier fit a caddy to my PC. Select which Hard
> Disk you want, slide it in, lock, and fire up the PC.
>
> <snip>

My friend has this machanism, but after a while he nagged about technical
problems as the hard-drives were not properly recognised. Maybe wear or
dust, although blowing air at the port had no effect. It was hit-or-miss.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz, Ph.D. Candidate (Medical Biophysics)
 10:30pm  up 37 days  5:02,  13 users,  load average: 1.12, 1.40, 1.51