Re: Directory Script

__/ [ Rajeev  Vaid ] on Tuesday 06 June 2006 09:03 \__

> Hello
>
> I am planning to run an online directory for a niche group. I was
> wondering if somebody could tell me which open source directory
> script's are available and if someone has used such scripts what has
> been the experience. Also would like to understand what google-centric
> or yahoo-centric feature to look for in such scripts.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Raj

Hi,

* Install PHP-Nuke

* Disable all modules apart from links

* Make it possible to submit new links

* Accommodate for structure by instantiating categories.

If you are not happy with this idea (bloatware), see Scuttle or just do a
freshmeat.net/sourceforge.net search for 'link directory'. I only speak of
packages that I use.

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Turn up the jukebox and tell me a lie"
  9:00am  up 39 days 14:33,  11 users,  load average: 4.10, 3.71, 3.30