Re: [News] PC Assemblers Urged to Sell Dual-boot Systems

begin  oe_protect.scr
> __/ [ Mark Kent ] on Tuesday 06 June 2006 15:47 \__
>
>> begin  oe_protect.scr
>>> Cybersource wants Linux on white-boxes
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> `----
>>>
>>>         http://www.crn.com.au/story.aspx?CIID=38608&src=site-marq
>

> I later found *this*, which complements the former:
>
> http://www.arnnet.com.au/index.php/id;728845251;fp;8;fpid;0
>

>> He's pointing the right way - it's critical to consider the margin at
>> each step of the way.  Not sure that this is the answer, but it looks
>> promising, so we'll see.
>

> He was referring to the 'relationship' between the OEM and Microsoft, as if
> the wrath of Redmond could play a role. I find that rather disturbing, but
> it's a true fact and an actual factor on the ground.

Historically, it's been a huge issue, so there's no reason to assume
that MS are anything but what they were in this regard, particularly in
countries such as Oz where there's been no anti-competitive rulings
against them - they have nothing to fear from continuing with their
normal bullying and monopoly abuse.

There is brutality and there is honesty.  There is no such thing as brutal
honesty.