Re: Datebook/calendar

__/ [ Rick ] on Wednesday 07 June 2006 14:48 \__

> On Wed, 07 Jun 2006 07:07:30 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
> (snip)
>> Thanks. I'll have a look. It was only a week ago that I installed the
>> Thunderbird Calendar Extension (formerly Sunbird?), as well also a
>> Web-based calendar ( http://schestowitz.com/Datebook/calendar ). I am
>> still struggling to unshcakle my diary data from Palm's proprietary
>> formats, which I nag about quite often ( e.g.
> Roy,
>
> Do you need any kind of CGI privileges on the web server, or do you
> generate files locally and then upload them?
>
> Thanks

That calendaring software is merely a viewer. It explicitly states that it is
not a manager/editor /per se/. If you install it on localhost, then you can
have your local calendar (e.g. Mozilla Thunderbird  or Apple's calendaring
software) stored in (or pointed to from) the suitable location (e.g.
public_html in *nix). It otherwise requires a manual/automated(scripted)
upload.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz, Ph.D. Candidate in Medical Biophysics
  3:15pm  up 40 days 20:48,  11 users,  load average: 0.57, 0.52, 0.56