Re: [News] To Kind comp.os.linux.advocacy Readers

  • Subject: Re: [News] To Kind comp.os.linux.advocacy Readers
  • From: rapskat <rapskat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 15:04:50 -0400
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
On Sat, 10 Jun 2006 06:04:43 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Be aware. The trolls in this group are conspiring against me,
> off-list(NG).
>
> * They first aimed for character assassination * Then came the FUD -
> intimidation
> * Failing all the above, they now say the items are spam

Don't sweat this Roy.  If anything, you should feel proud by the attention
that you're getting from the anti-LGX/OSS factions in this group.  This
shows that you are doing an excellent job of advocating Linux, which is
something that they just don't want to see.

When they resort to their ad-hominem attacks and mud-slinging and even
attempt to bring it over into the real world in your personal life, then
you know you've really touched a nerve.  The best way to stop a message is
to shoot the messenger.

Advocating Linux and OSS is serious business, and there are many factions
that are very serious about preventing the word from getting out.  Why do
you think it is that I don't post with my real name or divulge much
personal information?  These people wouldn't think twice about invading
your personal life and causing drama just to shut you up, which you are
now experiencing.

Anyone who has the time and dedication to create hundreds of fake names
and posting identities, find various open proxies to post through and
generate thousands of detailed posts denigrating linux crossposted over
numerous groups over the span of *years* is not someone you want to have
access to your personal information.  A person like this is either
seriously OCD or sponsored or both.

--
rapskat -  14:44:24 up 11 days,  3:15,  2 users,  load average: 1.53, 1.58, 1.47
	If you think the PC bios is buggy you should play with ARC firmware on