Re: How to start Frozen-Bubble game on Ubuntu

Larry Qualig wrote:

Take a look at the *title* of the thread. When he sticks a [NEWS] in the title he's charecterizng it as news. Even if it's a link to a howto or a link to a blog entry by some annonymous poster named "grouch" - it all contains the [NEWS] moniker.

The reason he uses the [News] mnemonic is so that people who don't like these kinds of posts can filter them out. Using [News] for some and [Blog] or [Howto] for others would tend to complicate things both for him and for the people who currently filter on [News].

I think that these posts do have a place here, sure there are lots of howtos out there, but I for one only go looking for them when I want to do something specific. If they're posted here, they sometimes catch my attention and I show me something I hadn't even thought of.