Re: [News] Will the Release of Windows Vista be Further Delayed?

  • Subject: Re: [News] Will the Release of Windows Vista be Further Delayed?
  • From: GreyCloud <mist@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 10:27:54 -0600
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Erik Funkenbusch wrote:

On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 11:36:13 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

From the article above:

,----[ Snippet ]
| On June 7, Microsoft released to the public the latest test version of
| the product, called Windows Vista Beta 2. Some other early reviews also
| have been unkind.
`----

http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/winvista_5465_gallery_01.asp

"Little more than a month after issuing a bug-laden Windows Vista Beta 2
(see my review), Microsoft has shipped its first post-Beta 2 interim build
of the next Windows and it makes up a lot of lost ground. Indeed, it's hard
not to view this build and not believe that Microsoft is absolutely back on
track."

"But what we get in build 5456 is dramatic improvement in reliability,
usability, performance, and fit and finish. It is, quite simply, the build
Microsoft should have shipped as Beta 2 to millions of people around the
world. This build is so much better than Beta 2, in fact, that I'm begging
the company to offer it to everyone that signed up for the public beta
through the Community Public Preview (CPP)."

Shipping the build they did as Beta 2 was a mistake, and they're getting a
lot of flack over it.

Relative to previous versions of windows, not surprising. But this is one persons opinion. MS may have other reasons for not doing so. That plus the fact that some of the MS managers and employees are suddenly leaving. Not sure what is going on internally, but it sure doesn't look good. Also, MS delayed... again... and a different product, Office 2007. After all the shuffling that has gone on, what is their current problem of getting out a product?

-- Where are we going? And why am I in this handbasket?